The MOST IMPORTANT process in applying for financial aid is filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application each year. At Trenholm State, the FAFSA is the only application required for Federal and/or State Aid for the school year which includes the Fall and Spring semesters and Summer Term.
The FAFSA Trenholm State school code is 005734
In order to become eligible for any form of federal and/or state financial aid, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Have either a high school diploma, GED certificate, pass a test approved by the U.S. Department of Education or completed a high school education in a home school setting approved under state law;
- Be enrolled as a regular student in an eligible program;
- Be a U.S. Citizen or eligible noncitizen with a valid Social Security Number;
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress once in school;
- Sign a statement of educational purpose/certification statement on refunds and defaults;
- Have no default on any loan or owe a refund on any grant made at any institution under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (Title IV, HEA Program);
- Register with Selective Service, if male between the ages of 18 and 25.
Financial Aid - The first day that you can submit the FAFSA for the new academic year is January 1. Apply online at www.fafsa.gov. Some types of aid are limited in funding; therefore, you must apply early, by the Priority Dates, in order to be considered for the maximum award that you may qualify to receive. Please remember to enter the Trenholm State Technical College's school code 005734 on your FAFSA.
Admission - You can apply for financial aid before you are admitted, but Federal funds cannot be awarded until you are unconditionally admitted to the College (download Admissions Application here).